Saturday, October 23, 2010
The memories are in the photos!
One of the most important aspects of any event is the photography. You will always have your memories of an event, but the pictures always provide a vivid reminder of the experience. There are some important questions that need to be asked before hiring a photographer for any event. I have compiled a list of questions that should be asked of all potential photographers before hiring them for your special day.
1. What type of photography do they specialize in?
2. What type of camera do they use?
3. Are they familiar with the venue (have they worked there before)?
4. Will they have an assistant with them?
5. How many photos come in each package?
6. How many shooting hours are included in each package?
7. Will they accept a list from you of preferred shots wanted?
8. Will they give you the negatives, and if so what is the charge?
9. Do they have liability insurance?
10. What attire will he/she be wearing?
Event photos are an investment that you do not want to take lightly. Make sure that you take out the time to research the photographer, obtain client reviews, and ask all of the pertinent questions. Remember, although the event may last for only one day, photographs are eternal- so make it memorable!