Monday, November 22, 2010

Memorable Mention: ten23 Designs

We always look forward to sharing with you products and services that we come across that we feel are a "must-have" for an event. One such "find" is ten23Designs. They provide customized decals for events as well as the home. The best part about the decals is that they are removable and re-usable. We reached out to the owner of ten23 Designs, Lauren Sarnoff Atwaters, to learn more about this marvelous company and the woman behind the designs!




1. How did you get started in this industry?


Before getting married in 2008, I was always the the friend to turn to when help was needed with event decorating. I painted aisle runners, designed stationary and quite a few other things. This was done mostly for friends or friends of friends... For my own wedding, I made just about every decor element; my aisle runner, table numbers, invitations, place cards, program fans... water bottles... this list could go on for quite a while. From posting photos of my DIY creations, I began to get orders from people I didn't know. At one point, I was doing nearly 20 monogram designs for brides a week. That is how I got into the wedding industry.



Because of my love for graphic design, I tried to focus on that and worked mostly with monogram designing. I had many requests for my gobo lighting designs however it was out of many brides budgets, so from there, I combined my hobby of vinyl lettering with the graphic design of monogramming and Ten23 Designs ~ Custom Decals was born.


2. What services do you offer?

My primary business is custom monogram dance floor decals. The great thing about decals is the many uses and surfaces they can be applied to. Along with my monogram dance floor decals, I also offer personalized wall decor, wine glasses, candles and votives, custom charger plates, and so much more. Many of my clients use the decals on mirrors, entry doors, windows and my DIY brides often use the decals on aisle runners. In addition to the decals, I still offer monogram design services and my newest products; flameless candle table numbers and personalized wooden hangers.


3. What do you enjoy most about what you do?

I love being a part of so many couples most memorable day of their marriage.


4. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

I am a family person. I love spending time with my family. A huge factor in my decision to start my own company was so that I can be home more and give my family the love and attention they deserve.


Make sure to check Lauren and ten23 Designs by clicking on any of the following links:

http://www.ten23designs.com/
http://www.ten23designs.blogspot.com/
www.facebook.com/ten23designs
www.twitter.com/ten23designs








No comments: